Monday, February 2, 2009

Silliness

My facebook status today read: Virgilio is picking up God's Debris again.

My inbox was filled with mails either encouraging me not to lose faith or lambasting me for saying such a terrible thing. Coincidently, a family member passed away early last week...so apparently I'm angry with god and laying blame on him. I giggled.

I would never blame god for such a thing. Instead I choose to sit on my high horse and judge the flavour/brand of god being punted out there. I am amused by people who claim that god's ways are infinite and unknown to us, but then deliver solemn testimonies and convictions in detail of how he works. Silliness!

I have a friend who challenged me recently to come with him to cast out demons! He told me that by the power of Jesus he could deliver anyone from the devil in that very instant. And that if I tried to do the same by any other method, I would fail. This unsettled me. It scared me. I wanted to decline. Why would I want to be in the midst of madmen and try to heal a condition I know nothing about? At the same time I was incensed by his challenge. So I accepted on condition that after he cast the demons out we go to the nearest Emergency Room to raise some dying soul from their deathbed by his same method of prayer. He hesitated. I grinned. He said that if god willed it, the poor soul would be healed. God wills that demons be cast out of people but not that they be lifted from their deathbeds? Jesus finds it easier to answer the plea to deliver a demon possessed person rather than prolong a life? Silliness!

I am all for being silly. We have to be silly every now and then. But to be a repeat offender all of the time is just unacceptable. I'm just surprised that god never revealed to anyone of those people that I was talking about a book.

hmmmm...Perhaps god was just being silly? In this case, cute silly not repeat offender silly.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silliness! How on Earth can any man cast out a Demon in Jesus name?
    That is not even his real name, its just some hocus pocus silliness.
    If I cant cast out a Demon in Virgilios' name then you cant cast it out in Jesus name.
    Pilot should never have asked; "What is truth?"
    He should have asked; "What is Jesus?"
    If he did we would not be in this mess we are in, this anomaly of crucifixion that we have been spelled with. As I recall Buddha is to blame for that, he is the one that projected this idea onto Jesus.
    Hmmmm...
    And Demons, tell you what, Moses definitely had a Demon, that bush had no god in it or maybe it did but the god was actually a Demon and I am sure Moses also had blue eyes and blonde hair like John F Kennedy, so they must be controlled by Demons.

    What do you think?

    Well the religious call them Demons but we have a different name for them.
    I'll keep you guessing, or maybe ask Credo Mutwa, he knows for sure.

    And this friend who casts out Demons, Has he ever seen one?
    If he does he will never be calling on Jesus again.
    Tell you that's for sure.

    And god, who is this god? Anyone who rules by tyranny is no god, he is a man just like me.

    If you are feeling warm at all in the head, if your heart is pounding because I typed this, don't be alarmed, that is just a small symptom of your sanity albeit religious sanity which is in an of itself madness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm
    I can understand your feelings on a fall from grace,
    I remember some years back I had just arrived at church. There amongst the flashy automobiles stood a group of erect pompous young men listening to a tall Kenyan they thought knew everything about god. I knew this man also, he liked me and I liked him.
    As I walked over to this group to bid them good morning from afar this all knowing man said to this group; "behold here comes a man of god"
    Phew! I knew at that very moment, soon his admiration of me would change drastically.
    In that eternal instant I saw the future, I listened to it and in that eternal moment my past of 100 000 000 years begun to reshape me again.
    I left god soon after this, things were never the same again.

    Know this my reader, when humans lay such great praise on you as this man did on me, Know that it is an omen.
    To me it was an omen of greatness, I fell from the graces of ignorant men and into the light
    of Celestial oceans mirroring dimensions where time became insignificant.

    ReplyDelete